Monday, December 1, 2008

'Courthouse'

The bailiff inclined bringing forth the restraining order. The nymph like gal seated quietly with her eyes brimming. I found myself gawking. I don’t see a reason as to why my father brings me here, and for once I consider one reason to stay and not walk out and stand by the vending machines near the restrooms. I gaze upon the defendant: I see him bringing his hands closer to his face and flinch as his lawyer whispers something to his ear. Whatever he said I do not know, but his scowling expression defines a little.
The judge catches my attention, seated high above like some sort of deity, I take a sight of the folder she is dangling, on the cover, big red letters I find illegible. The judge seated with a cold dead stare, I see her somewhat cherubic like, it may sound clichéd but to me she’s a geek. Up stands the defendant I hear contrition in his voice. You see him look upon the plaintiff as if it where a quirk of his. She takes a glimpse at me and I make a consensual nod, but all I see is doubt and sorrow. Courts adjourned. I am destined to labor for the truth within her deep green eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment