Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fillet

Gasping for air, he turned, flipped, spun and rotated. But nothing. This immense feeling got to his head; he can no longer see straight, his body was wracked with pain and yet he kept on trying. He flapped about with no success or change in his favor.
He lay on the deck, no water, no escape nor means of survival. He paused at the shining of the sun that was burning through his soul. Is this the end? Am I to no longer wander the waters with careless ease? Am I to no longer caress the feelings that sneak up on me and bring me joy as I swim the seven seas? Or at least this particular patch of river…. It doesn’t matter what I want now. I am at the mercy of this brutal world we live in and little do I expect.
He is lifted and thrown into a warm white cylinder where he is to find nothing but grief.
What could I have done that would cause such a disgraceful act of cruelty upon me? Why am I to see this? Why am I to endure every moment as if it where that which brings my end? He lifted out and dropped on a board, he laid still, his life oozed onto the wooden surface, staring into the sun as it takes the little spirit within him. Pressure came on his body. The blade is swung and now no water sun air or fire could bring him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment